Configures, implements, and maintains information systems/applications. Partners with business leaders on research, design, build, configuration and operation of niche platforms (e.g. Financial Systems, Risk Systems, Sales Tracking Systems). Conducts research and administers the changes and/or updates to the software. Oversees the implementation of software, which may be internally developed or purchased from a third party. May use subject matter or functional expertise to create test cases, kick off technology business processes, and other technology configuration activities.
Job Level: Highly-experienced expert job that applies in-depth and specialized expertise and/or a significant breadth of expertise in own professional discipline and other related disciplines. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services. Applies a comprehensive understanding of how the organization operates to solve technical, operational, and business problems. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Leads teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and complexity, often with implications and/or resource requirements beyond own LOB or function. Mentors less experienced teammates to build their own technical expertise. Impacts the achievement of client, operational, project, service, and risk management objectives. May have people management responsibilities. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep specialized and/or broad knowledge within a professional discipline. Sound and comprehensive understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and implement best practices to improve products, processes, or services.
- Ability to lead projects of significant complexity and risk exposure.
- Ability to exercise judgment in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others to adopt a new perspective.
- Knowledge of the industry's competitive landscape and an understanding of the market and regulatory factors that shape the industry.
- Master's degree or MBA and 10 years of related experience.
- Previous experience in the banking industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf