The Consumer Operations Process Optimization Analyst leads and participates in strategic projects of high complexity and impact within the segment. Primary focus is to enable business objectives by enhancing process efficiency and effectiveness while addressing client and teammate pain points and potential regulatory concerns. This includes the assessment of end to end processes and creation of associated deliverables such as process flows, highlighting risks, controls, service Level Agreements (SLAs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and key risk indicators (KRIs). Outcomes of the assessment include observations for process optimization and recommendations for strategic operating model and future state process design. Serve as subject matter professional relative to end to end process methodology and provide consultative support for end to end reviews conducted across the Consumer and Private Wealth Management segment to ensure consistency. As needed, prepare and deliver informal training on the end to end process methodology to enable more widespread process analysis discipline across the segment.
Job functions include:
• Candidate will be responsible for assessing current state processes and providing recommendations for enhancing future state for assigned business process areas.
• Provide strategic consultation for solving complex business problems, breakage points and identified operational gaps, defining impact, prioritization, and estimates to remediate including proposed roadmap
• Support overall process of improving internal branch, help line, call center, and operations efficiency
• Creation of future state risk/control, KRI, KPI and SLA requirements with support from risk partners
• Responsible to provide project management and mobilization expertise to the Consumer Operations, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, impacted business teammates and other impacted stakeholders
• Document ongoing tracking and completion of activities against end to end processes that are being performed, including executive level read out and summaries
• Responsible for building relationships within and across the business line to identify innovative approaches to address execution issues and needed enhancements such as procedures, templates, standards and tools to the Segment and Enterprise teams.
Skills and Experience:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; especially centered on project mobilization and tracking documentation. Excellent Microsoft Visio skills. Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and adapt as they change in a dynamic environment. Demonstrated ability to drive results in a matrix organization without direct authority. Ability to influence decisions and behavior with effective communication, persuasion and negotiation skills. Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at all levels of teammates and management. Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to learn on the fly and stay abreast of rapidly changing requirements from multiple stakeholders.
Responsible for highly complex, high impact projects within a line of business at the corporate level or a corporate function.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience; 3+ years experience with banking operations regulatory, legal, or audit related issues and previous management experience requiring supervision or leadership of others in accomplishing objectives. 7+ years general operations experience in a variety of areas including across business functions demonstrating a track record ability to progress. Proven experience in the execution of large complex bank operations projects. Knowledge of end to end process design, management and re-engineering. Knowledge of applicable rules and regulations related to banking operations. Policy and procedure expertise.
Knowledge of existing regulatory guidelines impacting consumer banking operations. Process improvement expertise such as Six Sigma, LEAN or similar certified. Program Management certification. Demonstrated knowledge of more complex SunTrust systems including DDA, Platform and other STI processing systems, Solid understanding of SunTrust operational policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf