Responsibilities (under the supervision of the Corporate Functions Compliance Manager) include:
- Communicating changes in marketing laws, rules, and regulations to the Enterprise Marketing (“Marketing”) organization; conducting impact assessments and partnering with Marketing to establish action plans to comply with regulatory changes.
- Providing compliance support and oversight of SunTrust’s onUp campaign and various enterprise marketing initiatives; reviewing user interfaces and marketing content for regulatory impact; and facilitating training for marketing teammates
- Developing a regulatory inventory to align legal requirements in applicable marketing laws, rules, and regulation to Marketing’s policy and procedures; identifying and documenting compliance gaps and overseeing the remediation and resolution of those gaps.
- Evaluating and advising on the adequacy and efficacy of Marketing’s compliance-related policies, procedures and controls.
- Developing compliance monitoring and testing procedures to assess Marketing’s execution of compliance activities.
- Conducting compliance risk assessments and developing compliance reporting procedures to monitor Marketing’s compliance risks.
- Participating in special projects/programs independently with little to no supervision.
- Participating in kick-off meetings and risk assessments of new third-party vendors who provide products or services to Marketing; completing compliance due diligence assessments of marketing vendors; identifying and escalating compliance risks to the Enterprise Third-Party Risk Management Program Office.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a marketing or business administration major.
- Working knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations applicable to marketing for financial institutions
- Five to seven years of experience in marketing compliance or an equivalent combination of post-graduate education and experience.
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Strong analytical and communications skills and working knowledge of HR processes and practices.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- JD or MBA with a Marketing concentration
- CRCM or other compliance-related certifications
- Project and/or program management experience
- Software skills: Word, Visio (process maps), Excel (data analysis) and SharePoint (online content management)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7 years of work experience including audit, operations, process engineering or risk management
- Strong knowledge of SOX and other industry-related regulatory requirements, and operational risk concepts.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management skills.
- Solid knowledge of risk management principles and controls, broad-based business practices, and deep understanding of segment/function business processes, with the ability to assess levels of adherence/execution and identify risk/control improvement opportunities.
- MBA or advance degree.
- Consulting experience at a corporate level
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Project management skills
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf