As part of the centralized consumer loan centers, this position has primary responsibility for reviewing credit applications, rendering credit decision, negotiating the term and appropriate rate of approval/counteroffer, and specifying credit and collateral documents. Must not exceed credit and rate exception thresholds and must meet SPA measurements. Work along side the Processor to gather and evaluate necessary documentation and to verify income. Act as primary contact to the client and STI bank partner.
Review and evaluate consumer credit applications of a moderate to complex nature in compliance with STI policies and procedures and federal regulations. Communicate loan decision, utilize strong sales and negotiation skills to communicate loan decision to maximize borrowing potential and in partnership with the Processor coordinate the loan closing. Lending authority up to $75M secured/$25M unsecured.
Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- High Schools degree or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer lending products and credit policy with 1 year underwriting experience.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze financial and cash flow statements and tax returns.
- Provide evidence of strong communication, sales and negotiation skills and computer knowledge.
- Detail knowledge of real estate industry terminology and practices and ability to review and evaluate documents.
- Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
- College degree in finance, accounting or business.
- 2 years consumer underwriting experience in a fast pace customer service orientated team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf