The SOX Program Management Office (SOX PMO) and the CCAR Risk Oversight Program Office (CROP) are integral parts of a dynamic risk culture at SunTrust Banks.
The SOX PMO is responsible for the design of and execution of the governance program that guides, monitors, evaluates and reports on compliance with Sections 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) and Section 112 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act (FDICIA), which relate to the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR). CROP is responsible for Risk Oversight of CCAR processes that support our FR Y-14A submission.
We have an opportunity for an experienced, business oriented, risk professional. This candidate will have opportunities to collaborate with key technology, business, risk and audit professionals to evaluate risks, collaborate in identifying controls and remediating control gaps to keep pace with changes in the underlying business that impact our CCAR and SOX related reporting processes. Additionally, this candidate will work with the External Auditors and SunTrust Audit Services during management’s annual testing cycle of SOX controls.
Specifically, provide financial reporting and operational risk management support by:
- Evaluating design effectiveness of CCAR and SOX controls and processes, through participation or facilitation of process walkthroughs and issue remediation efforts;
- Supporting the planning and coordination of third party walkthroughs and testing with our Internal and External Audit teams and Enterprise Testing Team;
- Updating and maintaining the System of Record for SOX and CROP controls, test plans and other supporting documentation;
- Developing/ updating process flows to keep pace with business changes;
- Monitoring and preparing reports on issue status and trends to relevant committees and regulatory agencies;
- Assist in e underlying business that impact our CCAR and SOX related reporting processes. Additionally, this candidate will work with the External Auditors and SunTrust Audit Services during management’s annual testing cycle of SOX controls.
- Assist in semi-annual SOX Scoping process;
- Assist in facilitation of quarterly and annual certifications, and evaluation and summarization of results
- Fostering relationships between peers, management, risk and business partners to ensure that common goals are met and that there is active collaboration between team members.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience in risk related roles such as internal or external audit, consulting, finance risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley implementation or compliance, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related fields
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fluid environment, and to work both independently and as a team member.
- Project Management Skill
- Previous CCAR experiences
- Professional certification including, CPA, CIA, CFE
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national originTo review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf