The Summer Analyst program provides experience in a number of disciplines within investment banking, portfolio management and corporate banking at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (STRH), a full-service investment bank providing a variety of financial solutions and advice to our corporate clients nationwide.
Corporate & Investment Banking Summer Programs: The SunTrust summer programs are designed to expose you to the breadth of transactions and the range of talents our members possess. We’ll provide you with a realistic view of STRH through challenging work, practical training and the opportunity to work and socialize with many of our bankers. We’ll also provide the insight and advice you need to make an informed decision to join us following graduation.
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst
- Portfolio Management Summer Analyst
- Corporate Banking Summer Analyst
- Corporate Banking Summer Analysts support prospecting, idea generation, and structuring and transaction execution activities for corporate banking relationships (companies with annual revenues of $100 MM - $5B+).
- Summer Analysts develop the experience to function as the second or third person in a relationship team for advisory, financing, and other banking and capital markets pitch activity and transaction execution.
- Corporate Banking Summer Analysts play a meaningful role on the team, and work closely with senior corporate banking professionals to help drive the growth of the business.
- Responsibilities include:
- Conducting market, industry and company research.
- Creating and analyze financial models.
- Developing client presentations.
- Developing insight to support product ideas and structures.
- Helping complete documentation required for transaction execution.
- Preparing internal management presentations
- Generating and maintaining client and prospect databases.
- Requirements include:
- Completed junior year of a BA/BS degree
- Business major preferred
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above required
- Accounting or finance coursework preferred
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- High degree of academic and extracurricular achievement
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to commit substantial time and energy to the position.
SunTrust is only able to consider candidates that are permanently eligible to work in the United States.