2014 Enterprise Execution Services (EES) Summer Internship Program
Date: Mar 8, 2014
Location: Atlanta , GA, US
SunTrust Banks, Inc., with total assets of $178.3 billion on June 30, 2012, is one of the nation's leading financial services holding companies.
Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the company provides deposit, credit, trust and investment services to a broad range of retail, business and institutional clients. Other subsidiaries provide mortgage banking, insurance, brokerage, investment management, equipment leasing and capital markets services.
Atlanta-based SunTrust enjoys leading positions in some of the most attractive markets in the United States and also serves clients in selected markets nationally.
The company’s mission is to help people and institutions prosper by providing financial services that meet the needs, exceed the expectations, and enhance the lives of our clients, communities, employees and ultimately our shareholders. SunTrust’s 1,641 retail branches and 2,906 ATMs are located primarily in Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. In addition, SunTrust provides clients with a full selection of technology-based banking channels including online, state-of-the-art customer services centers, and the latest mobile devices.
Enterprise Execution Services (EES Intern):
The EES Summer Intern program provides currently enrolled college students with an internal consulting opportunity to sharpen leadership, technical, and business skills while gaining exposure to the following Lines of Business across SunTrust:
- Wealth and Investment Management
- Support Functions- EIS/Legal/Finance/HR/Credit Risk Management/Marketing
The overall goal of the program is for Interns to develop skills learned only through real work experience while adding value to SunTrust. Assignments will be within one of the divisions listed above, with the opportunity to interact with other groups throughout SunTrust.
SunTrust is committed to the development of Summer Interns. During the 10 week internship period, the Interns are exposed to both formal and informal mentoring and training, as well as written feedback throughout the internship period. In addition, the Summer Interns will participate in exciting events during the internship period. A week long orientation allows the Interns to improve leadership and communication skills while also building team relationships. The Interns will also participate in educational activities which include meeting with SunTrust executive leadership and attending Lean Six Sigma training.
The internship program will begin on May XX, 2014 and end on July XX, 2014. The Summer Intern position is full-time and offers competitive wages. Interns are responsible for all expenses related to parking, housing, and transportation. All Interns must be available for the entire ten weeks.
Interns may be considered for a full-time position within the EES Associate Program upon college graduation. The Associate program is a fast-paced, 18-24 month development program that consists of:
- Specialized training (including an opportunity to earn a Six Sigma Greenbelt and develop your knowledge of the Business Segments of the Bank)
- 4-6 month rotations with increasing responsibility through the Project Management Governance, Tools and Business Segment Project Management teams of EES
- Exposure to Senior Leaders throughout the Enterprise
- Defined career path at the end of successful completion of the program
Enterprise Execution Services (EES) Intern:
Interns hired will act as an internal consultant to work on business process improvement projects. Example work from previous Interns includes:
* Analyzed the Mortgage Origination process which led to a redesign of a portion of the process and improved client satisfaction.
* Designed and implemented a client-focused support model for SunTrust teammates that encounter wire processing challenges while serving their clients.
* Conducted teammate interviews, analyzed the answers, and suggested fundamental improvements and future state visions in the Business Banking Loan arena
An industrial engineering or business background although preferred is not the only major considered for success within EES. SunTrust is also looking for the intangibles - drive, passion, leadership, inquisitiveness, and the desire to constantly grow. In short: a solid foundation that SunTrust can continue to build upon.
Specific requirements include:
* Completing junior or senior year of BA/BS degree
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or above required
* Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
* Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
* Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills
* Solid history of achievement and advancement
* Initiative and drive for results
SunTrust is only able to consider candidates that are permanently eligible to work in the United States. SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Primary Location: GA-Atlanta (1)-Atlanta Center
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Part Time, Seasonal, Intern, Engineer, Consulting, Retail, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology