The Corporate and Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program provides experience in a number of disciplines within investment banking, portfolio management and corporate banking at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey (STRH), a full-service investment bank providing a variety of financial solutions and advice to our corporate clients nationwide.
At STRH, you’re given a high level of responsibility as you assume an integral role on a deal team. You will work directly with clients to evaluate ideas and strategies and collaborate closely with senior teammates. At SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, we invest in your long-term career development because we’re as committed to your career growth as you are.
As a Summer Associate with SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, you’ll be able to make a meaningful impact, gaining significant responsibilities and quickly honing your professional skills as you work closely with senior bankers. With STRH’s full-service platform, you will work on a wide variety of capital markets transactions. From debt to equity to advisory, the Summer Associate role provides daily opportunities to have a significant impact on one’s personal growth and the growth of our company. We often offer our top Summer Associates the opportunity to continue in full time positions in our Associate program upon graduation.
The internship program will run for approximately 10 weeks in the summer months and we often offer our top Summer Analysts the opportunity to continue in full-time positions in our Analyst program upon graduation.
- Requirements for any/all of the summer internships include:
- Completed junior year of a BA/BS degree
- Business major preferred
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or above required
- Accounting or finance coursework preferred
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills
- High degree of academic and extracurricular achievement
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to commit substantial time and energy to the position
SunTrust is only able to consider candidates that are permanently eligible to work in the United States.
How to Apply
Begin your rewarding career as a Corporate and Investment Banking Summer Analyst to expand your knowledge and open future opportunities in the financial field. If this program is recruiting on your campus, you must also apply through your University’s career portal.
Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Investment Banking Summer Analysts will sharpen financial analysis skills, develop an understanding of corporate markets and clients, gain experience with corporate finance and investment banking products by participating in on-the-job training, and play a meaningful role in supporting internal and external clients.
- Summer Analysts will develop a solid understanding of our industry, organization and strategy through in-the-workforce experience. They will be assigned to one of our specific industry or product groups, and have the opportunity to interact with other groups and disciplines throughout the investment bank.
- Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting financial and market analysis used in new business development and transaction execution
- Preparing client presentations
- Working on financial models
- Performing peer comparison analysis
Portfolio Management Summer Analyst
Portfolio Management Summer Analysts will gain an understanding of SunTrust, corporate finance and specifically, debt analysis. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a Portfolio Management team, who focus on the debt profiles of STRH clients and support Investment Bankers, Product Specialists and Risk Managers to deliver strategic solutions to SunTrust's clients.
The STRH Summer Analyst Program allows rising college seniors to develop an understanding of the capital markets and Fortune 1000 clients.
- The Portfolio Management team analyzes companies' financial operating performance, evaluates industry trends, identifies key risks, mitigates a client's credit profile against our lending parameters and works on cash flow analyses and underwriting credits to sharpen their financial analysis skills.
- The Summer Analysts will be assigned to one of the following specialty groups:
- Consumer & Retail
- Financial Services & Technology
- Media & Communications
Corporate Banking Summer Analyst
Corporate Banking Summer Analysts support prospecting, idea generation, structuring and transaction execution activities for corporate banking relationships (companies with annual revenues of $100 MM - $5B+).
- You will develop the experience to function as the second or third person in a relationship team for advisory, financing, and other banking and capital markets pitch activity and transaction execution. Corporate Banking Summer Analysts play a meaningful role on the team, and work closely with senior corporate banking professionals to help drive the growth of the business.
- Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting market, industry and company research
- Creating and analyze financial models
- Developing client presentations
- Developing insight to support product ideas and structures
- Helping complete documentation required for transaction execution
- Preparing internal management presentations
- Generating and maintaining client and prospect databases